You don’t usually see it or think about it until it causes you a problem, but your computer network is the system that keeps your company up and running. As with every other system in your business, from the lights to the lawn, your network needs to be watched for potential problems.
In Fleming Island, network monitoring should be handled locally. If there is a problem, a technician can be at your offices and making repairs before it shuts you down for hours or days.
How does network monitoring in Fleming Island work?
While there are some standard techniques, Computer Guy handles your network monitoring with our exclusive processes.
- Overload monitoring – Just like watching traffic on a highway, the technicians at Computer Guy are able to see traffic patterns and look for locations where it is slowing down. This can sometimes be caused by having too many terminals on one portion of the system or by having a component that is not operating optimally.
- Pinging – Our network monitoring software will send pings to the various components and terminals in the system. By monitoring the microseconds it takes to get a response we are able to monitor even slightest degradation of your network.
- System dating – As information going to individual terminals has gotten larger, with more images, video, audio, and functions, older components can get easily overwhelmed. Using our exclusive systems and expertise, we can detect this failure and update your hardware before you can see a slowdown in efficiency.
- Email monitoring – One of the most used programs is your email program. Problems in it can bring an entire company to a halt. Computer Guy technicians will track sending and receiving times to watch for flaws and faults.
- System security – Just as watching traffic on a highway doesn’t tell you anything about what the people in the cars are saying, Computer Guy can see a high level view of your information, but not the individual packets. This means that we are able to also see when someone else has entered the system. Hackers have a much harder time causing trouble when there is a 24/7/365 sentinel watching the system.
When your network in Fleming Island was installed, that wasn’t the end. Like the pipes that carry water, maintenance and monitoring is required to make sure that your network works as well today as it did the day it was installed.